We attract the wrong man or woman mainly because we expect from people what we are not. Often we seek relationships long before we are ready to be what we are expecting from someone else. In my blog “8 signs you’re not ready for a relationship,” I discuss things we must be honest about before seeking a relationship. I know we all, at times, don’t understand why we are single or why we feel alone in our singleness, but singleness can be a great blessing (see “ 9 reasons singleness is good for you”). For those of you who are truly ready for love, I want to encourage you to be the lover you wish you had.
So what exactly does this mean? It means that whatever you are expecting from someone else, you need to be that person. For example, here are a few characteristics I look for in a woman:
• A woman of God
• Consistent prayer life
• Affirms me
• Allows me to be human
• Can love me unconditionally
• Can encourage me
• Prays with me
• Serves God with me
• Listens to all my fears, weaknesses and doubts without judging me
• Reminds me of who I am to her when my actions say I have forgotten
• Patient and understanding
• Can speak my love language
• I can trust her with my secrets
Do you desire someone to love you like this? Do you desire someone with these characteristics? If you want this type of relationship or characteristics in someone, you must be the lover you wish you had. Remember, the Bible teaches us we reap what we sow. (Galatians 6:7-8)
Here’s what I want you to do next:-)
I’m glad you read this far, because it means you’ve learned a lot of good information that will help you when put it into practice. Here’s what I want you to do next …
- If this article is doing it for you, click the re-tweet button or facebook share below to share it with others.
- Share your comments below.
- Sign up below for my free 20 day audio series and K4L newsletter for additional content to help improve your life, relationship and career.