Have you ever been caught in a cycle of hurt? It’s as if your emotions are running rampant and you have no control over your thoughts from one moment to the next. You wake up in the morning ready to start a new day and within 10 minutes your mind starts racing and it seems to set the pace for your entire day. How do you get past this?
People say, “Just let go.” However, can it really be that easy? Can we just choose to stop hurting and then go about our merry way? Well, if it were that simple, there would be a lot less miraculous testimonies of strength in this world.
The fact is, sometimes it is not easy to “just get over it.” However, rest assured, it is possible. It is possible to move forward and start being free of the oppression and pain you are experiencing. It may not be easy, but you can move forward.
Here are some simple truths to help set you on the course towards healing.
1) You are not meant to hurt forever – You were not born into this world for the purpose of pain. You were born to be a blessing and to bless others. Pain is a process and has a season. It will not feel the same forever.
2) Truth really will set you free - You have the power and authority to combat what is going on in your head. In your mind, you may hear “This is the worst thing in the world.” However, stop that thought and tell yourself the truth…. “This is, indeed, bad. However, there are far more things that are worse than this. This is NOT the absolute worst thing in the world. That is an irrational thought.”
3) Understanding everything is not necessary – There will be things you may never understand. However, you don’t have to understand everything in order to stand under God’s authority for your life. You can choose to be who He wants you to be in spite of any circumstance.
4) God will put people in your path to help you – God can provide comfort from the unlikeliest of sources. You never know who you will encounter and how something they say or do can influence your situation. You never know how you may heal through helping someone else.
5) God will never put someone in place to replace him – While encouragement from others is always a wonderful thing, God’s desire is never for you to cling so tightly to another person that you are unable to see Him working in your life. In all things, and at all times, give Him thanks; seek His will for your life.
In closing, please know you are not alone. There are so many people who are hurting for various reasons… This is why it is important for us to encourage one another; offer love; pray for one another. We must offer our best in order to become our best.
I’m glad you read this far, because it means you’ve learned a lot of good information that will help you when put it into practice. Here’s what I want you to do next …
- If this article is doing it for you, click the re-tweet button or facebook share below to share it with others.
- Share your comments below.
- Sign up below for my free 20 day audio series and K4L newsletter for additional content to help improve your life, relationship and career.