Here is my video on 9 Reasons Why Being Single is Good For You:
As a single man of God in my season of singleness I’ve spent years studying the beauty, love, gift and purpose of singleness. Many singles act as if being single is like a disease. The truth of the matter is that true singleness is a very important step before getting married. Singleness is about becoming spiritually, emotionally and financially whole without dependence on another man or woman. From Adam we learn that he was going about his life in the Garden of Eden doing what God told him to do. God had to interrupt him to let him know he needed a help meet. This lets us know as singles we should have our focus on what God has called us to do. This week I am going to explore 9 reasons why being single is good for you:
1. Being happy alone is a prerequisite before we can have a successful marriage or serious relationship. We have to learn how to be happy alone. We can’t allow emotions or emotional brokenness to cause us to seek out people just for companionship or a warm body because we are alone. Being able to be alone with God shows emotional health and spiritual maturity. Having a healthy concept of self will allow us to truly love our future mates without reservations or co-dependency.
2. Singleness gives us the ability to have all our attention on God. Paul teaches us in 1 Cor 7:26-28; 32-35 that an unmarried person should be concerned about the affairs of the Lord. Singleness is a time for complete devotion to God. This is the season where we grow our spiritual roots. When we get married we have to divide our time between our mate and our call to God.
3. Singleness is our opportunity to develop character and heal from deep emotional wounds before we get married. When we neglect to take the time to heal we only hurt ourselves and others.
4. Singleness is where you learn to become an asset and not a liability.
5. Singleness is where we learn our Godly roles for being a husband or wife and develop relationship skills .
6. Singleness is where we determine our value system. I don’t believe in lists, but I do believe in having common values and character in a potential mate or dating partner.
7. Singleness is where you become financially stable and learn to be a proper steward of what God gives you.
8. Singleness is where you prepare yourself to be what you are expecting from a future mate.
9. Singleness is where you learn to manage your emotions and not allow emotions to be your decision making tool. Don’t live in the moment of emotions and do things you will regret later or that will cause consequences not easily changed.
What other reasons can you think of?
Here’s what I want you to do next:-)
I’m glad you read this far, because it means you’ve learned a lot of good information that will help you when put into practice. Here’s what I want you to do next …
- If this article is doing it for you, click the re-tweet button or face book share below to share it with others.
- Share your comments below.
- Sign up below for my free 20 day audio series and K4L newsletter for additional content to help improve your life, relationship and career.