Many times in life we focus on what someone does to show us how they love us, but we fail to realize love is what we give not get. The very first question one must ask is, “how can I love who I am with?” Here are 15 ways to love your man or woman:
1. Take the 5 love languages quiz together. It will help you both understand your love languages. This will aid in you both in learning how to love one another better. Click here for love language quiz.
2. Be open and honest about everything. Dishonesty and lack of transparency cripples love. The truth may hurt sometimes, but in a healthy and mature relationship it will bond.
3. Ask how you can be a help in the life of the one you love. If they have dreams and goals, determine how you can help them accomplish them.
4. Speak life into the one you love. Speak blessings and encouragement.
5. Pray together.
6. Understand that when you have conflict it doesn’t equal bad. Healthy conflict, along with healthy conflict resolution, is good for a relationship. In conflict, we can learn a lot about our self and the one we love.
7. Stand strong during the hard times. Remember, anyone can love you when the sun is shining. In the storms of life is where love is supposed to shine the brightest. In the storms is where you learn who truly loves you.
8. Complement each other often. I am not talking about just empty words, but a sincere compliment.
9. Have patience. Patience allows people to be human. Without patience, loving unconditionally will be very hard. For more information read “Relationship Coaching: Love is a Choice”
10. Lay your baggage on the bed together as one. Unpack the baggage and issues you have together. Then figure out how you both can help each other overcome the problems.
11. Ignore the cell phone when you are together. Create eye contact and truly focus on what they need.
12. Learn how to make each other laugh. Humor is always good for the soul.
13. When you mess up, be accountable for your mistakes. This shows respect, love, and a willingness to improve.
14. Forgive each other after conflict. Make sure the issues are dealt with using action steps that lead to a solution. For more information read ” Singleness: 7 Reasons Why You Forgive and Forget.”
15. Don’t just apologize. Change.
Here’s what I want you to do next:-)
I’m glad you read this far, because it means you’ve learned a lot of good information that will help you when put it into practice. Here’s what I want you to do next …
- If this article is doing it for you, click the re-tweet button or facebook share below to share it with others.
- Share your comments below.
- Sign up below for my free 20 day audio series and K4L newsletter for additional content to help improve your life, relationship and career.